Thursday, October 13, 2016

Pain and Suffering

There are two things you should know about me. One, is that I am prone to sleep paralysis-and very prone to having multiple episodes in one night. Oftentimes I'll come out of one, roll over to go back to sleepy, and just go right back into it. It bites. BUT I can sometimes wake up enough to make it stop if I touch something 'real', preferably not on my bed. I don't know why, but it works and I'll take it.

The other is that I can sew. Not well, but I enjoy it.

Early on in my sewing escapades, I made a little Scarecrow doll, mostly based off of his appearance in Arkham Asylum-so he's got a little 'needle glove' on his hand. Said glove is actually made of chopped up safety pins and is surprisingly sharp. Most of the time Scarecrow sits on a shelf where he can't accidentally stab someone, but yesterday I was cleaning and forgot to put him back, so he spent the night on my nightstand.

I'm sure you see where this is going.

Yeah. Last night I had an episode, flailed wildly-I think I was aiming for the lamp-and managed to stab myself on that damn glove. It certainly worked-no more sleep paralysis for me that night-but ow. I haven't felt this betrayed since playing the actual game, for that last hallucination.

Lesson learned. If you have night troubles, keep sharp objects well out of reach.

-Lalla

No comments:

Post a Comment