Wednesday, May 21, 2014

You Gotta Have Pink Hair

Yes.

Really.

Layne has pink hair. Not naturally pink, and for a while there he had dye stains on his shirt because he sucked at doing it, but yes.

And a lot of people, upon hearing this, give me a look and ask, 'Why?'

Honestly? I don't know. Layne and Alice can-canned into my head while I was editing Color Blind and Layne had pink hair. I didn't know he dyed it until later. All I know is that one of the set-in-stone characteristics was the pink hair.

I could tell you what I told my symbolism-seeking writing teacher (who was actually very cool apart from that): 'well, um...he wants to seem otherworldly without glowing, so this is the best he could do.' (Don't look at me like that, I was put on the spot, and he wasn't the type to take 'I dunno' for an answer.)

But...really...no idea. He just does.

But damn, it works so well.

-Lalla

No comments:

Post a Comment