Sunday, August 11, 2013

'Set' Picture

I'll admit it. If I didn't enjoy writing so much, I might look into set designing. It just looks fun. And it's so important-the mood of anything depends on the little details people might not even notice. Take your typical abandoned house. Sheets on the mirrors, cobwebs everywhere, dust on the floor...yeah, big deal. But if you look closer, there might be other touches-cigars in an ashtray or a cracked picture. And all of that comes together to make a creepy room that just screams, 'bad place, bad place!'

So I indulged my inner set designer this afternoon and made a 'snapshot' of one of the rooms in Raven Manor. Well, a corner of one of the rooms, because I'm small and most of my furniture is too heavy to drag around for the sake of a picture. It didn't turn out half-bad, if I do say so myself.


See? Not bad. I'd imagine it being in the master bedroom, maybe. You know, before the fire...too much. Ignore that last bit.

-Lalla

No comments:

Post a Comment